Saturday, October 04, 2008

Glasses

So little buddy has to get glasses! He finally had his appointment with the ophthalmologist Tuesday and he determined that Cooper is farsighted. He said that because Cooper has been having to focus so hard on everything that is close up, he is now over correcting and that is why his eyes are crossing. He did say that he has improved a great deal from the lazy eye issues he had when he was a baby, which is very encouraging.

He had a fitting for some glasses on Tuesday and they should be in this coming Tuesday. Now we'll just have to wait and see if he'll tolerate them. (Please pray on our behalf for this.) He's not the biggest fan of having anything on his head or face, so needless to say, the fitting didn't go that well and makes me have little hope in a quick adjustment. I just pray that he'll soon realize he can see better with them on and decide to leave them on.

I'll post some pictures of him as soon as I can catch him with them on for any duration.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex got glasses when he was just three. He always looked SOOO adorable! I'm sure that Cooper will too. I was worried that Alex wouldn't wear them, but he did great! He had the same issue (eyes crossing). I'm sure that Cooper will be (as he already is) precious! ~Tera