Friday, August 18, 2006

Baby Check-up, Month 6

I had my 6 month check up yesterday! Everything went very well. I'll post the stats like last month.

Weight at 5 months: 142 lbs.
Weight at 6 months: 145 lbs.
Belly Measurement: 26.5 cm (right on track)
Baby's Heart Rate: 133 bpm (a lot lower than last month, but she said it was just fine. I also had been watching my sugar intake for a couple of days because I thought I was going to have to have my gestational diabetes test and I didn't want anything to "skew" it.)

Other updates would be...

I am having my gestational diabetes test in 3 weeks, so pray that goes well. I have to drink a really big sugar loaded drink - yuck!


I stopped going to the physical therapist because it's just too expensive. Goodness! The back problems I was having then have gotten a lot better, but I have since acquired a nice sciatica pinch that is managing to impair my every move. I'm going to go have a cheaper prenatal massage to see if it helps.

I will be going to the cardiologist next week on the 24th...so no news on that yet.

Other than that everything has been absolutely wonderful. I'm enjoying every kick and movement. It amazes me how stinkin' active he is throughout most of the day. He was on a "move around like crazy for a couple of days, take a day off, move around like crazy for a couple of days, take a day off" routine, but now he just moves around like crazy. It makes me happy.

Y'all, I may be the only one who gets a kick out of it, but I seriously can't wait to see the legs on this child. My mom and grandma are here visiting and we watched the ultrasound video again and there is a point where the tech just sat in one spot on my belly and we watched him for a bit. My mom even says that those are some long legs. I told T that the doctors are going to say, "Good grief! Look at those legs!" when he comes out.


baby

0 comments: