Friday, September 08, 2006

Baby Check-up, 29 Weeks

So I had another check-up yesterday. Everything went very well...

Weight at 26 weeks: 145 pounds
Weight at 29 Weeks: 150 pounds
Belly Measurement: 29 cm (still on track)
Baby's Heart Rate: 153 bpm

Other news...

I went to the cardiologist to have a precautionary check-up. I've been having some pounding in my chest when I lay down, and Dr. Harris wanted to clear everything with my cardiologist. He said that everything seems to be just fine. My EKG was good, my blood pressure was good. He said that everything should be okay as long as I am not experiencing the same racing that I had when I had SVT, which I am not. He diagnosed me as "normal" and said that I should be okay through delivery. He said that a lot of pregnant women experience the same symptoms due to the increase in blood and blood flow, and the fact that everything is just smushed up in there.

My back has been feeling A LOT better this week. I don't really know what happened. I literally woke up last Saturday and could walk just fine, sit just fine, lay down, etc. It's been nice and a blessing. We went to Natchez last weekend for an early anniversary get away, and I felt great the entire time. In fact, T took this picture of my belly while we were in Natchez waiting on a house tour. It's kinda funny looking I think.

I had my glucose test yesterday as well. I will probably not have any results on that for about a week. I'll let you know when I find out. The drink wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It really did taste a lot like Fanta.

T and I are scheduled to go to a labor and delivery class on the 19th and 20th. I'm really excited about it. Mainly because I have no clue what to expect. The only knowledge I have comes from A Baby Story on TLC.

I am now on the 2-week check-up rotation! That is crazy to me because it means we are very close!!! Goodness. Our nursery isn't even finished being painted yet! (I am learning a lot on patience and chilling out with all of this. It will be okay...) The paint should be done next week, so I'll post some pictures when it is.


Well, that's about it for now. Thank you for your prayers and support. I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to meet this little man!!!

baby

0 comments: