Monday, July 24, 2006

Baby Check-up, month 5


Well, I spent a good 15 minutes typing a post earlier, and my computer decided to become unresponsive and my post is now lost in cyber space. So, I'm just going to quickly give you the stats:

Beginning Weight: 120 pounds (10 pounds underweight. That's what the doctor said!)
Weight at 5 months: 142 pounds
Weight gained: Depends on how you look at it. The doctor said my body had to "catch up" so she said I've only really gained 12 pounds. But on the other hand, 142-120=22 pounds. You can decide. People are saying that it's all belly (unless they are biting their lips). So for everyone in AR, I promise I'm not just fat. :)
Belly Measurement: 22 cm - right on track
Baby's Heart Rate: 160 bpm - a little higher that day because I had had a little too much sugar I suppose.

I had to go have an ultrasound on my gall bladder because I was having a "twinge" in the 'vicinity of my gall bladder.' Everything looked clear, so she said it is probably intestinal, but I really don't know what that means. She didn't seem too concerned.

My heart's been racing/beating irregularly a lot lately, so she wants me to go see my cardiologist to check that out.

And I'm going to physical therapy to learn some strengthening exercises for my back.

Evidently I'm a baby myself. I'll try to remember to give an update on all that when I find out.

baby

0 comments: