Monday, July 10, 2006

Baby Blue...and Purple & Gold

So on Friday I took back all the pink I had previously purchased, and attempted to buy blue. However, this was much harder than I thought it would be. First of all, there are just more girl clothes to choose from than boy clothes. And then there's that question of, "Do we want him to look 'preppie' or 'jocky' or 'all in to bugs'?" I mean, there are mainly dinosaurs, bugs, and boats on the boy clothes I saw the other day. Not a whole lot of "just blue" or "just red." I ended up buying Cooper a cute little light blue jump suit with some socks to match, a GAP beanie, some white pants, and a couple of bundlers for when he first comes home. I left feeling like I had cheated him out of something. I have a pretty good idea that once he out grows all the initial clothes he gets, thrift stores will be the shopping trip of choice - only because I envision that child being into everything. A lot like his dad maybe. :)

We decided on an LSU nursery. (I believe I mentioned this little desire of my husbands earlier.) Now, for all you people from my native sate yes, I did say, "Well what about the Razorbacks? Why do we have to do purple and gold and not red?" Unfortunately that did not hold up in his court. (I wouldn't say that I've gone to the other side, but I do own a couple of LSU shirts, so I had no defense. Shhhhh.) T did give me the back of the door to Razorback up though. :)

No, I really do think this is going to be good. I think we will put a chair rail up and paint the bottom a really deep purple broken up with a lighter purple in wide stripes; and then paint the top a pale yellow. I want to make sure it's not too intense so the poor baby won't be crying out of terror every day when he opens his eyes and sees nothing but screaming purple and gold and tigers everywhere.

pregnancy calendar

0 comments: